RFPB Fellows Society
Board of Directors Meeting
21 September 2012
Board Members Present:
Kenneth A. Bouldin
Robert B. Green
William A. Navas, Jr.
Terrence M. O’Connell
George M. Rubesha
Official Opening of the Annual Meeting:
MG (Ret) Kenneth Bouldin, President, RFPB Fellows Society (Fellows), opened the meeting with a brief on the meeting agenda. The following agenda items were accomplished:
- The Board of Directors approved the 2012 Annual Meeting minutes.
- The Board of Directors approved and signed the RFPB Fellows Society Bylaws.
- The Board of Directors agreed to continue working with Senator Nunn’s scheduler to find a common date to present and
video the presentation of the Citizen Patriot Award.
- Vice-President O’Connell will contact Mr. Donahue who offered to assist in the development of the Fellows website.
In addition, Vice-President O’Connell agreed to contact General (Ret) Gordon Sullivan to follow up on his membership.
- After the Board of Director’s discussion, a motion was made and seconded to institute and develop a search for past
RFPB members, staff, and member designees.
- After the Board of Director’s discussion, a motion was passed to include a page on the Fellows web site for our official
documents and bylaws. That page will be password protected to allow only members to access. Also, it will be noted that
members may access the formal minutes of the RFPB meetings by using the link provided on the Fellows web site.
Meeting with RFPB Military Executive, Maj Gen Jimmy Stewart
Maj Gen Stewart provided the Board of Directors with an explanation of how and why the RFPB is subject to the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA).
Maj Gen Stewart and the Board of Directors discussed the relationship between the RFPB and the Fellows Society, resulting in the following:
- The Fellows Society would appreciate an invitation from the RFPB for a representative from the Fellows to attend the RFPB
- In addition, the Fellows expressed an interest, if requested by the RFPB, to recommend experienced Fellows members to
serve as a resource for any RFPB Subcommittee.
- Also, if security and space issues will allow, it was requested by the Fellows that the RFPB invite Fellows member(s) on
field trip site visits at no cost to the RFPB or the Department of Defense.